The Post Commander has appointed a Nominations Committee consisting of John Boone, Eugene Rock and Jerry Dickinson. You may contact the Nominations committee by calling 843-234-0856 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The procedures are as follows:
- The Post Commander will appoint an election committee by February 8, 2021.
- The Election committee will prepare a slate of nominees for 2021 Post 111 Officers. Election committee may approach and solicit members they feel are eligible for officer position.
- No later than March 15, 2021, notification to ALL members by email, phone tree, and the Post website that nominations for Post officer positions will be accepted until April 12, 2021. The election committee will then combine their list and those nominations from the member and submit to the Adjutant as soon as possible.
- No later than April 30, 2021, the Adjutant will prepare an election ballot consisting of the nominations submitted by the election committee. One ballot will be mailed to each member in good standing according to the Adjutant’s records.
- On May 10, 2021, the day of the scheduled Post 111 May meeting, the Post Commander and the Adjutant will open the Post meeting at 9:00 a.m. Members may then drop their completed ballot off at the Post, therefore complying with the Bylaw’s requirement of being present to vote at the May Post meeting.
- Membership Cards will be required to vote
- No ballot will be accepted from other then the member who is voting.
- No one may give their ballot to anyone to drop off.
The Post meeting will remain open until 7:00 p.m. No ballots may be dropped off prior to or after the meeting. The Adjutant will have a list of members at the drop off location and mark off members as they vote. Following the vote, the Adjutant will make certain the number of persons voting matches the number of ballots in the voting box. The Adjutant may designate a member in good standing to monitor the ballot box and check off the names of members as they vote.
The votes will then be tabulated and the procedure for installation of Officers will be followed.
At this time, if you are interested in running for an office and be part of the future of our Post, please contact one of the Nominations Committee members to place your name in the hat.
Return to Home Page